Saturday, December 3, 2005

The Stormy Present

Wow, it's 3:30 am and I can't sleep. There really should be an easy way to take out my agression (the places I would normally consider aren't open now), because hitting inanimate objects only serves to do bad things to my hand, and on occasion to the inaminate object that recieves the brunt of said agression.

Now this isn't to say that everything is bad, but I seem to be taking a few things personally that don't necessarily involve me. However as most of my friends know, I am fiercly loyal, and will do most anything for them. There is a reasonable chance this will get me into trouble someday, but such is life.

Well, I've tried writing this paragraph a bunch of times but nothing comes out right. That is probably due to the fact that I am simultaneously having massive inferiority AND superiority complexes. You cannot imagine how difficult that is to accomplish. Since I never go into many details in these (due to the public nature of the site), if you want to know what's really going on, all you have to do is ask.

So with that I leave you with a story:

This guy's walking down a street, when he falls in a hole. The walls are so steep. He
can't get out. A doctor passes by, and the guy shouts up "Hey you! Can you help me out?"
The doctor writes him a prescription, throws it down the hole and moves on. Then a priest
comes along and the guy shouts up "Father, I'm down in this hole, can you help me out?"
The priest writes out a prayer, throws it down in the hole and moves on. Then a friend
walks by. "Hey Joe, it's me, can you help me out?" And the friend jumps in the hole! Our
guy says "Are you stupid? Now we're both down here!" and the friend says, "Yeah, but I've
been down here before, and I know the way out.."

Not quite an accurate portrayal of what is going through my mind or anything, but a good description of what a person should do for there friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment