Wednesday, November 23, 2005

On the Day Before

I am suddenly compelled to take note of that which I'm thankful for in preperation for the holiday tomorrow. The first one here I mention because this is something much more prevalent this year. I am thankful for the well-being of myself and those around me. The aftermath of my mom's heart attack was difficult on me, both out of worry for her, and the constant and overwhelming questioning of both my mortality and the direction in which my life has gone. However in the grand scheme of things, all is well, and for that I am thankful.

The second, and to me most important, are my friends and family. I find it a bit ironic that as I type this, I've come across profiles of people that I haven't seen in a long time, but definitely would like to, And others still of people that are very close to me, yet still so very distant. Indeed the memories come flowing back. Anyway, to those that have known me for a long time, all I can say is that I love you all and for those I don't see all the time, I miss you. And to those that I've only recently gotten to know, you are an amazing group of people and I can't wait to get to know each and every one of you better.

So to all of you and those you will be spending the holiday with, Happy Thanksgiving.

No comments:

Post a Comment