Friday, October 10, 2008

Hold On Tight, You Know She’s a Little Bit Dangerous

'Dangerous' - Roxette

This has been one helluva week or so. I was already off to a pretty spectacular start when I wrote the last blog, but that was just the beginning. I sat here thinking that the vice-presidential debate was where I kicked it up a notch, but the realized that in fact Wicker Park Wednesday is more accurate. From that point on, damn near every night has been an adventure. A day by day summary for your perusal:

Wednesday: Wicker Park at the house. This was the culmination of whatever Monday night at Dante's was. My six-pack was shortlived. The movie was alright I suppose, but nothing to write home about.

Thursday: This started off innocently enough by watching the VP debate at Bret's with him and Ben while I rebuilt his computer. However that continued into a pitstop at Teddy's with Sabrina, Andrew, Ben, and Gabriel. This was basically pre-game for Kevin's Birthday at Moon Temple. You know a night is going to be hilarious when upon entry, you are swept up into a ensemble performance of 'Livin on a Prayer.' This night was almost the most exhuasting just due to hours upon hours of singing, jumping, and dancing.

Friday: While this did not involve drinking, it did invovle a late night with everyone going over to Steve and Charlene's watching Iron Man and playing with Leota. Think I might just go repeat that today or tomorrow depending on upcoming developments (more on that later).

Sunday: One year ago I was in the middle of working a 16-hour shift at work, the grand finale to weeks of preperation for our yearly inventory. I followed that up with a six-mile walk from downtown Seattle back to Northgate. While on that walk, I thought about many things. Relief that everything at work would start winding down. Concern and pain at the craziness that was my love life as there had been a lot of confessions made in the previous 48 hours. And finally worry, because Gabriel was laying in a hospital bed after his car wreck. Sunday was one big toast to him, and I wouldn't have missed it for anything.

Monday: Karaoke, of course. The ongoing duet brought out Faith by George Michaels and A Whole New World from Aladdin. Someday I should learn how to sing, that would make this much easier. There was also finale of Better Man by Pearl Jam. Now I mention the last part because as I looked around that floor while we were up there and came to the conclusion that everyone up there had a reason they were participating. I look around our group and I can't help but wonder, what's next? Perhaps more sober discourse is required. I can say this however, Ben and I are formidable but not invincible. Where there are injustices, we shall stand and stop them, or fall over totally trashed trying.

Tuesday: Not much I can say about this, except that it was unexpected, and unplanned by everyone. It's also why I'm glad that when drinking, my memory is usually the last thing to go, cause I'd have hated to miss this. A small group, a small venue, and good conversation. It was also a humorous throwback to a night many months ago where three of the four people were the same and the intentions were quite similar. I also am still amazed that the last person has remained such a mystery. Normally I can figure people out faster than this, but this one is all kinds of interesting. I have a hunch those answers are coming soon as well. And on a side note to those there...she never heard what I said on the phone. Its ok, cause I still enjoyed saying it. Though afterward, she said it was good I wasn't. My only reply was that if I had been, I sure the hell wouldn't have answered my phone.

Thursday: This night was not about drinking as much as it was about eating. But of course alcohol would play its ever-important part. I never would have expected to say that Moon Temple has such incredible food, but here I am. I suppose it makes up for the fact that the drinks are forged from pure triple-distilled evil. For the second time this year, I had to manhandle Josh to save him from imminent harm. However I have to give some props...I'd have a hard time getting into that tree sober, let alone utterly sloshed. After leaving there, we found ourselves standing outside Kevin's preparing for the next adventure. The mission: Rescue to heavily intoxicated damsels from the clutches of downtown Seattle. We three knights toasted to our success....with apple fritters. I cannot begin to describe how odd that was. Now I could write on about what occured in the car after the successful rescue, but I am only going to say this. It hurts to move my arm, and this is twelve hours later. Bruised. Swollen. Looks like I got into a fight. It's ok though, cause it was all for the shorties.

So if you have stuck around this long, you might be wondering what the point is. It's really quite simple. I have the next two days off, so I pose this question to you all.

What shall we do tonight?

No comments:

Post a Comment