Sunday, November 2, 2008

What Is It Really That Motivates You, the Need to Fly or This Fear to Stop

I'll go along for the ride but surprise,
When we get there I say 9 of 10 drop.
Now who's the light and who is the devil,
You can't decide so I'll be your guide.
And one by one they will be hand chosen,
Now this is what it's like when worlds collide.

'When Worlds Collide' - Powerman 5000

In what was probably the quietest day I've had in a while, I find myself sitting here wondering how we are going to cure all the ills that have befallen us. I don't have answers yet, but I have ideas, and that's a start.

This week, like the few before it, has been filled with late nights and for the most part, good times. The day after our yearly inventory had 17 different kinds of fun spanning everywhere from Capitol Hill to Marysville and everywhere in between. Later days provided a karaoke contest (in which Andrew was robbed), a late night dinner at a 'classy' restaurant, and of course, Halloween.

It pleases me that I could apparently entertain so many last night. I always say that the reaction is what makes many things worth doing, this seems to have been no exception. However I find myself moderately startled at some of it all. What I did was largely irrelevant, the moment was what it was and does not particularly jump into my thoughts. What came after though was, annoying, for lack of a better word. Nothing I write now seems entirely useful or accurate in describing this. Perhaps its because I don't know what I was doing either. So yeah, probably gonna wait to write more until I have a bit more perspective.

No comments:

Post a Comment