Friday, July 20, 2007

Someone Told Me Long Ago, There's a Calm Before the Storm

I know, it's been comin for some time.
When its over, so they say, it'll rain on a sunny day.
I know; shinin down like water.

I wanna know, have you ever seen the rain?
I wanna know, have you ever seen the rain,
Comin down on a sunny day?

'Have You Ever Seen the Rain' - Creedance Clearwater Revival

So as most of you know, we have been searching for a house for quite sometime. We have hit a variety of roadblocks, some from bad luck, some from people's unwillingness to rent to a non-family. However things were starting to look up. We found a place that was nice, and I seemed to have convinced the landlord that we were good people.

Elsewhere, I took some time off work, which allowed me to focus on the aforementioned house search. While I was at it I tried dealing with other problems, with mixed levels of success. It was good to get away from my job for a while as it had been wearing me thin, especially since I haven't had time to actually hang out with people after work.

It seemed like things were headed in the right direction. A house soon, an imminent raise at work, slowly working on getting things back in order. But then it all came crashing down in a heartbeat. I believe I can honestly say that this ranks as one of the single worst days of my entire fucking life. A shame I can't take solace knowing that misery loves, and has plenty of, company.

I have, for once, decided to deal with this in an unhealthy way. Drinking until I can't feel feelings anymore. Or at least doing shots and beers until I'm totally obliterated. I feel its ok because its not to ease the pain, but to make everything around me funnier. I don't know why I felt like justifying it, but there I go.

It has been said that the best laid plans of mice and men often go awry. I stare at the incarnation of that and wonder if I can summon the divine and be forgiveful. I also wonder how to pick up the pieces of that which has been shattered. And do so while remaining silent on so many things that bother me, for the greater good.

No comments:

Post a Comment