Monday, September 3, 2007

I've Gone Out of My Way, Big Blank Slate Every Day

Big, blank canvas staring at me, every day.
'Revenge' - Spoon

A blank slate is right, at least in terms of living arrangements. The long awaited move is over, and I find myself in an absolutely fantastic three-bedroom townhouse in East Redmond. While there was a time where the location displeased me, at this point I don't care because it's so nice here. Makes the horrifically long day of moving worth it. Left work early on Friday so I could get more done, getting home around noon. We didn't get done with everything until 6am Saturday morning. If Joe (1) and Jeeves (2) hadn't come to help, it probably would have taken even longer. I shudder at that thought. I found the most humorous side effect of a late night was that by sleeping in until 2:30pm, I had apparently 'dropped off the face of the earth.' Or so those who couldn't reach me said. But even though it took what seemed like forever, the weight it lifted off the shoulders was immense. No more being couped up in an apartment that was not mine. No more stress about looking, and possibly not finding, a new place. With that over, I could do something more important, like having fun.

I expected to be unpacking Sunday, but that quickly went by the wayside. My first plan was to put together my desk, but I couldn't find all the parts. By the time I did, I went to run errands with Alex (3) for a few hours. Not long after that Shell (4) and her friend Sara (5) came and gave me a full size bed. Given the piece of crap I'd been sleeping on for longer than I'd like to remember, it was a considerable upgrade. I am currently accepting applications for people to help me break in the new bed. You may feel free to sign up in the comment section of this page, however no appointment is necessary. The only downside is that it takes up a larger portion of the room than one might like. However what is the point of having space if I don't use it. Oh, and almost forgot...the numbers you see after each persons name. We've had a running joke here at the house that your ranking in terms of friends is determined on what order in which you've seen the house. Congratulations Joe on being our new best friend. To everyone else that has visited so far, congratulations on being close to the top. If you haven't been here, well then you're missing out.

Elsewhere, work is getting interesting. We're 5 weeks out from our yearly Inventory count, and there is a fucking ton of work to do. I will be working roughly 173 hours per week until October 7th. On the plus side, doing work that is vastly beyond my pay level will hopefully succeed in making that pay level higher. And regardless of that, I happen to be enjoying my projects. At least I get some reward out of this job (of course I say that on Labor Day...hooray for work holidays).

No comments:

Post a Comment