Thursday, September 20, 2007

Ring Ring Ring Ring Ring Ring Ring

BANANAPHONE (do do di do di do)
Ding Dong Ding Dong Ding Dong Ding
BANANAPHONE
'Bananaphone' - Raffi

Today I bring you two stories from around the world. Stories that are bound to change lives. Stories both to scare and amaze.

First that which scares. Our world faces an imminent crisis. A crisis of epic proportions. A crisis that was the inspiration for the title of this blog.

You get up in the morning to enjoy a fine breakfast that may or may not include a banana. While you consume this delicious fruit, you don't bother to take a moment to look at it, admire its various features. One such feature you may have noticed one day, a long time ago, would have been seeds. Small black seeds not even noticeable to the palette. However if you were to look now you would not see those seeds. Now for those unfamiliar with the procreation habits of plants, it is good to know here that to reproduce, a plant needs to have seeds. However after years of genetic manipulation via very particular breeding habits, the seeds have been removed, for mostly cosmetic reasons. This is a particular kind of stupid, and has led to the unbelievable, horrifying, BANANAPOCALPYSE.

For those naysayers that believe I am overreacting, I would direct you to this link.
If only you could stockpile fruit for long periods of time. Perhaps freezedrying will work...

Next I must explain to those few of you here that may not be familiar with my job. The short version is that I'm responsible for making sure my store's inventory system is accurate. If it says we have something, I need to know where its supposed to be, where it actually is, why and how shit went wrong, and to report what we've lost.

Elsewhere in the world exists a facility that has recently been having difficulty taking an accurate inventory of its items. However they also don't have anyone specifically dedicated to the task. I would however have a couple minor concerns about taking the job. First off, I don't know if I want to move to such a boring place. Also, as many of you have bore witness to, my job can be frustrating. This would be somewhat alleviated by the fact that everything is in a limited amount of locations, and are all pretty much limited to 3 or 4 types of item. The downside is that it is in the form of enough nuclear material to obliterate the entire fucking planet. You may read about my new employer here.

In actual everyday related news, work is kicking my ass. Four straight weeks of overtime, with three more to go. And I'm actually enjoying the time at work. I've managed to do some things that I think show why my position can be so important. But I will still need a vacation soon, lol.

No comments:

Post a Comment