Tuesday, October 23, 2007

I'm Dreaming Dreams, I'm Scheming Schemes, I'm Building Castles High

They're born anew, their days are few, just like a sweet butterfly.
And as the daylight is dawning, they come again in the morning!

I'm forever blowing bubbles, pretty bubbles in the air,
They fly so high, nearly reach the sky, then like my dreams they fade and die.
Fortune's always hiding, I've looked everwhere,
I'm forever blowing bubbles, pretty bubbles in the air.

'I'm Forever Blowing Bubbles' - Jaan Kenbrovin

This was not the song I was looking for when I spoke of it earlier. However after much searching, I've realized that apparently the song that has always stuck in my head was apparently not using the right lyrics, and the real ones make no sense, lol. Above is the one that came in a close second.

I for one have thoroughly enjoyed the bubble analogy thus far. It is both so fitting, and lends itself well to the hilarity currently going on. Perhaps the last blog was funny when taken as part of this whole thing, despite what we thought the next day. Indeed this has become a 'Comedy of Errors' to say the least, though perhaps without the identical twins. A bit of me is surprised at how many ways we have all screwed up, however that is overwhelmed by the amazement at how well we have dealt with it. I don't know how much more one can say on that topic...yet.

As an aside to all of that, I've come to yet another realization. I have sat with a President, debated with members of Congress, talked with authority on topics ranging from sports, to music, to quantum physics, with the people who make livings at the top of those fields. In all those times I have never once felt outmatched, out of place, or even in awe of those I was speaking with. I have always felt that people are inherently the same, they just gain fame, wealth, or power by doing the things that others can't or won't. My point here is that I generally feel comfortable speaking with anyone about anything. So the realization from this is that despite all these things, it is strange that there are certain things, that when I want to say them, I simply can't. The situations are rare, the topics few and far between, but there they are, looking at me with disdain for the fear that I show. Yet even with this knowledge, I second-guess myself, but I'm almost done doing that. I recently told someone that I admired their ability to do that which I failed so brilliantly at. Though my view on the topic is a bit different than the rest of you, I think its time I threw my two cents in far better than I have so far.

I've also realized that I have become far to subtle in my dealings with people. The cloak and dagger approach to things only works so well and for so long. Time for a bit more bluntness here and there. Although its funny, for all the crap I've been given about what I said here meaning this and what I did there meaning that, and that I've been overt and obvious, even when there was no reason to be....well, I don't know....screw it, I'm out of all that energy I had as I left work, I think I'm taking a nap.

No comments:

Post a Comment