Tuesday, October 30, 2007

I Am An Arms Dealer, Filling You With Weapons in the Form of Words

And I don't really care, which side wins,
Long as the room keeps singing, that's just the business I'm in.
This ain't a scene, its a god damn arms race...

'This Ain't a Scene, It's an Arms Race' - Fall Out Boy

Like sands through the hourglass, so are the days of our lives. Those observing have said this is like a soap opera, and they would be pretty much right. Just when one thinks we're almost there, almost done with this absurdity, something else goes horribly amiss. Now that's not to say there wasn't progress made. I know I have removed a burden off my shoulders, and judging by the reaction, can say that the burden wasn't passed, so all is well on that front. Beyond that I make no guarantees.

For the most part, yesterday was exactly what I needed. Pretty much a good day from start to almost finish. Other than that little annoyance throughout that started during the evening, stuff for me was ok. I did find it somewhat telling though that the only way that little annoyance was controlled was by providing comfort for another affliction. That time was also probably the most relaxed I've been in longer than I can immediately remember...it is the simple pleasures isn't it? Hopefully only a couple more days of that and I can ignore it for a while. But anyway, mostly good.

So right now only one question remains forefront in my thoughts. On this sprawling battlefield, with fights being waged across multiple fronts, which direction will I head now. This is a civil war, which historically pit friends against friends and brothers against brothers. This has been and will be no different.

No comments:

Post a Comment