Monday, December 3, 2007

I'm Only Happy When It Rains

I'm only happy when it's complicated.
And though I know you can't appreciate it,
I'm only happy when it rains.

'Only Happy When It Rains' - Garbage

Ok, none of that is true, it's just raining....a lot. Any happiness at this time is purely coincidental. I find it interesting that so soon after plans were made at work, that this first part of the apocalypse has arrived. I realize however that we assumed that said apocalpyse would involve nuclear weapons, civil war, or some other violent upheaval. For this, our store is the perfect position, defendable in all directions, fortified by thick cement walls and blast doors, a good place to base our command center. However the problem with this plan is that if the apocalpyse comes by flood, we're freakin boned. Back to the drawing bored boys. And poor Brian...trapped in the wasteland that is Woodinville.

After a few days of being incredibly displeased with...everything, I have returned to that happy place I was in a week ago. Friday was perhaps the pinnacle of this, having been the day that I got to see so many friends, both at home and in my first visit to Moon Temple. Why oh why did I wait so long to make it out to that place. Fun would be an insufficient word to describe it. New friends, drunken bar songs, and being able to say that I'm fine again (Randy and Michelle, obviously you can agree with that statement) all made it a night I needed. The rest of the weekend was good too, getting to spend time with my family (even if there were some unpleasant moments....sorry baby doll, it'll get better).

I think the only bad thing right now is that I apparently shattered the LCD on my camera. At least it still works...mostly. Even work is alright...I guess...at least the holidays are essentially over in three weeks. And then New Year's...my incredibly circuitous plan is one-quarter complete.

No comments:

Post a Comment