Monday, March 3, 2008

If You Want My Body, And You Think I'm Sexy, Come On Sugar Let Me Know

If you really need me, just reach out and touch me,
Come on honey tell me so.

'Do You Think I'm Sexy' - Rod Stewart

I hope you enjoyed that opening as much as I enjoyed writing it. So a few weeks ago I downloaded every top 100 Billboard hit from 1970-2004, including such gems as the above. Every time I open the folder I find something new that either just makes me laugh or shake my head.

So to say that a few things are going on would be a massive understatement. I am currently in the process of moving ot Capitol Hill. This of course means that the party that was promised all those months ago will finally come to fruition. Stay tuned for more details.

This move is going to be easier than most as I don't have to work while doing so. Things at work hit an all-time low, and while most are already aware, finally led to me being put on a final written warning (read: very bad), removed from my position, and now taking a vacation for a month or so. If everything goes as planned, I will find a new job once the move is done, and I will never step foot in that godforsaken place again. Hell, if things got so bad in the 48 hours after I left Friday as I have been led to believe, than I hope all of you reading this are able to escape as well.

As I tried to say, unsuccessfully I suppose, in my last blog, all of these things are positives, or will be positive once resolved. Makes me very interested to see how things will be this time next month. New house, new job, maybe more...who knows on that last point. I am putting a pretty decent amount of effort into my current pursuit, but the results have been, confusing to say the least. Well, more on that another time I suppose.

So last weekend my mom moved to Seattle (well, Federal Way, but whatever). Given how close we are, its nice to have her nearby again. It is funny to me though that after she told me what she'd been doing up here, my mind immediately threw out a 'worst-case scenario.' She has worked security at a decomissioned nuclear power plant, the Port of Longview, and now, the Port of Seattle. For some reason the first two (ok, just the first one, not much danger to be had in Longview) never really phased me. However now that she is a supervisor of container security (you know, the giant cargo boxes?), I actually did a double take, thinking that 'wow, she's really into some crazy shit.'

The only bad thing going on right now is some conflict between friends, that no one is quite sure how to deal with. Even now, I don't really know what to even write about it. I suppose bluntness is all that is required. Look for fireworks after the move is done, as despite my wanting to get everyone to shut the hell up, I'm not willing to deal with it while doing the move.

In another odd development, a very stupid person is attempting to weasel their way back into my family's lives. Most people I know now aren't familiar with the story of Rob Mallis, formerly my father's friend, formerly my mom's boyfriend, formerly my Aunt's husband, formerly the step-dad of the children I consider to be my own. You will notice a pattern there. Every one of those situations ended badly. I have had the distinct pleasure of having had no contact with him for a few years. However last night he attempted to use this very site to get in contact with Jessica, the one of the kids who hated him the most. For some reason, the story that comes to mind involves his eldest son, who for a time lived with the kids. He was involved in various drugs, which he decided to bring into the house. Now I generally leave people to their own devices on such things, but his actions were endangering my kids, so I informed him that my actions would very quickly be endangering him. Fortunately in that case my warnings were heeded. This time the sins of the father may be what provokes me.

No comments:

Post a Comment