Monday, May 19, 2008

No Reason to Get Excited, the Thief He Kindly Spoke

There are many here among us who feel that life is but a joke.
But you and I we've been through that, and this is not our fate.
So let us not talk falsely now, the hours getting late.

'All Along the Watchtowers' - Bob Dylan

Over the past week and a half, it seems that things are getting back to a good place. I have managed to see damn near everybody, which has been fun to say the least. A gathering at Steve's, late-night food at the Hurricane, The two nights of Sabrina's birthday, Joey's 21-run, playing in the sun at Volunteer and Magnusson Parks, and a night of fantastic comedy. Holy crap this has been a lot of stuff. But god its nice to see everyone again. And I have, almost surprisingly, survived all of this, despite my efforts last week of killing myself via frisbee.

I think this is going to be the summer that I have been expecting for the past couple years. About time too, this summer can only be an improvement over the last one. And by god we're getting the disappointment out of the way too. This week was supposed to have two particularly great events. Memorial Day weekend was going to find a group of us out at the Sasquatch Music Festival at the Gorge. However due to the gross incompetance and negligence of the person who was getting us in, we no longer have tickets. Why must people suck so much?

And the other disappointment I have to blame on Hillary Clinton. Because she wouldn't get her thoroughly kicked ass out of this race, one of her supporters decided to go help her campaign. This affects me because that particular supporter was to be at a luncheon that I was going to get to attend. This person was former Secretary of State Madeleine Albright. I think it would have been an interesting event to say the least. But no, instead Senator Clinton chose to make this personal, as the only logical explanation for this is that she believes I have wronged her somehow.

But despite the failures of this week, all of which among other things negated the need for me to request any days off of work, I think everything is pretty much going fantastic. Well, other than my near complete displeasure at my job (I have a little fun, so that helps), and a nagging suspicion that my recent issues aren't quite as resolved as I may have hoped (though perhaps as predicted)....

So with that, out for another night of fun and debauchery. And for those that are going to be around Memorial Day weekend, I think plans need to be made, epic plans to say the least.

No comments:

Post a Comment