Monday, September 4, 2006

I'm Paralyzed, I'm Paralyzed

Stuck in the Middle and I'm Paralyzed.

'Paralyzed' - Rock Kills Kid

Over the past couple days I realized I have suffered from a severe lack of rational thought. Now this can be attributed to a number of factors. Perhaps it was the realization that I may have lost yet another friend due to temporary insanity. Maybe it was the complete obliteration of my ego (not my self-esteem mind you, two different beasts there). Or possbily it was a thought that just entered my mind a few weeks ago.

As the Romans said, and as I've quoted before, "Post Hoc, Ergo Propter Hoc." It translates to "After it, therefore because of it." Now on the one hand it can be a logical fallacy, but on the other it can be the simplest explanation. I believe at the moment it falls somewhere in between. Multiple times over the past few years, some of the people in this group of friends have discussed getting a house together. I thought that an appropriate first step, as well as a convenient solution to a friends problem, was to bring up the fact that the apartment next to us was becoming vacant. Well, I lent voice to thought, and set into motion the most absurd series of events. Now I'm not so arrogant as to think that this is all my doing, I simply view it as a massively unpredictable side-effect.

Now I've always been relatively good at giving advice, or so I've been told. Yet, as the title implies, I'm at a loss. Maybe it's because of the effects this will have on me, maybe its because I considered the likelihood of things reaching this point to be tremendously improbable. Be interesting to see how much worse this gets. Oooh, you hear that. Yes, off in the distance. That is the sound of me shooting my face off. So sad when I go to work to seek refuge, a prisoner in my own home.

No comments:

Post a Comment