Saturday, September 2, 2006

And the Battle Lines Are Clearly Drawn

....or are they?

So my MSN screen name for the past couple weeks has been "What's Next?" You see everything had pretty much resolved itself. The people fucking with my best friend have been dealt with. The person that caused me problems was completely removed from my life, and for those who know me well, you know how unheard of it is for me to completely disregard the feelings of another person for my own good. Well, this was the appropriate time, and amazingly my point seems to have gotten across. So all and all things were looking pretty good.

And then I made the mistake of leaving Seattle. I should have realized before my drive to Longview was even over that something was amiss. I found out that the wedding that I was there to attend was taking place so much later and so much farther away than first told to me that I wouldn't return to Seattle until roughly six hours before I had to return to work Monday. Though I was glad I got to go to the wedding (for a variety of reasons....*slaps self on wrist....No, bad me*), it did pose a bit of an inconvenience to say the least.

As this is going on, I find out that one group of friends is having a massive bitchfest with one another, that while ending up being minor and easily reconcilable in the end, was a cause for concern due to my inability to weigh in. Then when I actually got back to Seattle, I was in for so much more.

In an effort to remain awake from the time I got to Seattle (11:45 PM Sunday) until I had to be to work (6:00 AM Monday), I decided to go to a party. Long story short, I hadn't hung out with my friends from work for a while, with the exception of Matt's b-day party. Really couldn't think of a better place to be because I really missed these friends (<3 470!!) I didn't realize how much I had missed, and what was about to occur. For reasons obvious to many who would read this, I'm not using details of any kind. I will say however that I continue to be amazed at the pain people will put themselves through for the most inane reasons. This bothers me more when it is the people I care about so much (and to the person that this most directly refers to, you'll understand why it bothers me so much when we actually talk for once). Anyway, the whole thing just proves that its the little lies that can do the most damage, especially when you're not good at lying.

So with all of that, its important to note that I can be considered as kind of on the periphery of all of that. Not directly invovled, but one of the people that those more directly involved speak to (I'd say most of you would agree). Which means that there was really no drama that directly involved me...yeah, like that was gonna last.

I don't quite know how to describe what is about to happen between my roommate, our neighbors (who are our neighbors because they are our friends, and I got them the place), and myself. Things were so peaceful a few weeks ago. I've tried writing this part a dozen times and am coming up with nothing...guess I'll just have to save the details for the next blog, which I have a hunch is gonna be soon.

P.S. Finally broke my pattern on blog subject names. For those curious, they have almost all been names of episodes of the West Wing. I think now I'm gonna move on to song lyrics...though the fact the first of these required a country song might be an ominous sign :P.

No comments:

Post a Comment