Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Somebody’s Gonna Hurt Somebody Before the Night is Through

Somebody's gonna come undone, there's nothing we can do.
Everybody wants to touch somebody, if it takes all night.
Everybody wants to take a little chance, make it come out right.
There's gonna be a heartache tonight, a heartache tonight, I know.
There's gonna be a heartache tonight, I know, Lord, I know.

'Heartache Tonight' - The Eagles

Well, if the answer isn't blatantly obvious, then please stop reading and bludgeon yourself with something nearby. It'd be nice if everyone that is going to ask questions would just read this, have their answer, and let it die, but that will not be the case. I expect to come into work tomorrow and be bombarded with the same questions I have been for the past three months. At least those of you that hate her can take solace that I'm not about to do something you think is stupid, as though I give a damn what you have to say at this point. One has to wonder, is it self-fulfilling prophecy, my ability to be almost always right (I had doubts for a reason...), or simply what happens when one tries to play a game that they don't understand.

I suppose I can comfort myself knowing that at least I tried in a way I hadn't before. I started this off by straight up asking her out, and I still deny that it is my fault that she didn't get my intentions. Now any lack of sparks after that (though I still don't know if they were wanted or not), well that is my complete inability to know what to do when the time strikes. As for that issue that sprang up that surprised me about the thing that would stop it that I couldn't control? Well that was my age, and in retrospect, that excuse was complete and utter bullshit. No matter, still gonna have to finish the conversation, cause god knows I wasn't through, and I doubt you were either.

Ya know what though, its all ok. I've got three girls that love me unconditionally, and I could use some more time to spend with them. In fact one has somehow learned to type at the ripe old age of one month, as evidenced by her commentary on previous blogs. The other two I haven't seen in far too long (ok, all three of you I haven't seen, but Kyle, you don't work as an appropriate example here :P)

On a side note, the other option for title of this was from 'Come Sail Away' by Styx, because it would be fitting for myself, the Captain of the S.S. Failboat. Yes, that was meant to be self-deprecating, don't feel guilty for laughing.

Edit: Something that I thought of after I was done. I write about the failures that mean something, because they are generally important events in the going-ons of my life. What you don't see or hear, as I generally don't even bring them up, are the smaller failures, the ones involving people I may barely know, the ones we all have in the course of our efforts. Know that my dry streaks in either method are equal in there immensity. My point is, don't for a moment believe that the two people I've written about during the past year are by any means the only ones with whom nothing has happened. They are just the ones that stick with me. You can't assume anything about who or what I'm looking for, or how my approaches tend to be, from those limited examples.

No comments:

Post a Comment