Friday, November 9, 2007

I Walk the Streets of Japan, Til I Get Lost, Cause It Doesn't Remind Me of Anything

With a graveyard tan, carrying a cross, cause it doesn't remind me of anything.
I like studying faces, in a parking lot, cause it doesn't remind me of anything.
I like driving backwards, in the fog, cause it doesn't remind me of anything.

The things that I"ve loved, the things that I've lost,
The things that I've held sacred, that I've dropped,
I won't lie no more you can bet,
I don't want to learn what I'll need, to forget.

'Doesn't Remind Me' - Audioslave

Well I suppose the day went alright. My plan to come in this morning with guns blazing required some scaling back as I do have a job that requires attention first. I got to what I needed to later in the day, and at least it seemed mostly useful. While I felt a bit of vindication, I suppose that the damage is already done. Didn't quite get everything out there, but close enough for one day's work. Would be easier if you would all stop interrupting, but its okay, these things work themselves out in the end. Until then, I continue my search for happiness, because if I keep looking for it in the same places I have been, I will go completely insane.

I am at least able to distract myself by continuing my favorite activity at work....doing whatever I want. The demands of my job have continued to go increasingly out of control, as my recent call for help to my most trusted coworkers (ok, maybe not all of them qualify as that, but I had to include them on the message :P) probably showed. However in the bit of time I have where I can't do my normal stuff, I've manged to take on two throroughly enjoyable projects.

So in a completely unrelated topic, I have the urge to start my own website, so that I can finally put up the couple thousand pictures/videos that I have been promising. As I went through labelling the last couple months worth of stuff, a viewing of the video of "It's Raining Men" as performed by Shandrew and the Best Buy Crew reminded me how much I need to get this shit online. My dislike for sites like this for that purpose cannot be expressed in words. However, what I require is a name for this site. All suggestions welcome. Winner gets a cookie.

No comments:

Post a Comment